Monday 4 February 2019

Cosmoids TD - A reintroduction

Hi all!

Happy 2019! The last 5 months have been a blur! Having a baby is serious business and takes a lot of time. But we love our baby Caleb and wouldn't change anything for the world.

It's been so long that I wanted to start fresh. I wanted to reintroduce myself. So..

Hi, my name is Samuel Otero and I'm a game developer by night, by day I'm a Software Developer, Husband, Father, Friend, Brother, Son.. everything.. and once upon a time I made a game called Pokemon Tower Defense, which you might have heard of.. (okay it's the real reason why you are here, who are we kidding!) and a lot of things happened and now we are here and I'm making a game called Cosmoids TD.

Very similarly to Pokemon Tower Defense (PTD), Cosmoids TD is a Tower Defense Game with Creature Collecting elements mixed in, let's just called it a Creature Collecting Tower Defense. In this game you play as the Wishmaker.
The Wishmaker!

The Wishmaker is the prince of the Makers, an immortal race that create and oversee galaxies across the universe. He is the creator of the Cosmoids, which are a group of creatures that live in the planet Eden. Unlike Pokemon, Cosmoids can all speak the common language and some wear clothes and use tools and weapons.

Chamleaf, a Nature Type Cosmoids
 Planet Eden is in danger and the Wishmaker is weakened, so he must recruit the Cosmoids to help save the planet.

On a mission

Some trouble nearby?!

Like in PTD you will be able to recruit enemy Cosmoids into your party. You can level up your party and they learn new moves and even evolve!

But I really cannot do this without all of you, I want to make a game that we can all enjoy and have fun playing just like PTD. This time it's harder because everything is being made from scratch, while we can be inspired by Pokemon we cannot copy Pokemon. And so I want to make this game openly in front of all of you, so we can go on this journey together. I would love to hear your feedback about what you would like this game to have. I will post really early and buggy version of the game so you can play while it's still being made. In fact here is a screenshot of the current work in progress.

Work In Progress Level, with Fire Hyena and Stick figures guys..
So what do you say, are you in?

As always, let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management